Breakout sessions 14:00 - 15:40
Breakout session 1 – Climate change and inequalities
This breakout session will feature presentations and short Q&A sessions by a range of speakers and organisations who will discuss how we can work together to face the climate emergency and overcome inequalities.
Session Chair: Daisy Narayanan, Senior Manager at City of Edinburgh Council
- Gavin Thomson, Transport Campaigner at Friends of the Earth Scotland
- Eleanor Pratt, Climate Resilience Coordinator at Adaptation Scotland
- George Chalmers, Resident at Milnbank Housing Association
- Ellie Harrison, Author and Campaigner
- Lilith Cooper, Blogger, author, and cyclist at Gears for Queers
- Evelyn Sneddon and Yvonne Smith, Vice Chair and Committee Member at Robert Smith Court Community Group
- Mirren Kennedy, Community Engagement Officer for Equality Cycles at Rosemount Development Trust
Breakout session 2 – Road safety and inequalities
This breakout session will feature presentations and short Q&A sessions from a range of speakers and organisations who will discuss how we can work together to make our roads safer and overcome inequalities.
Session Chair: Keith Irving, Chief Executive, Cycling Scotland
- George Henry, National Operations Manager at Transport Scotland
- Simon Strain, Interim Head of Infrastructure Delivery at Sustrans Scotland
- Rowena Colpitts, Head of Transport Planning and Engineering, TP&E
- Isa Mallick, Project Manager of Youth Work at Yusuf Youth Initiative
- Davis Paton, Driver Trainer at Lothian Buses
- Colin Young, Cycling by Design Steering Group at SCOTS (Society of Chief Officers of Transport in Scotland), Cycling by Design
Recordings of all sessions will be available to registered attendees.