Thank you from Pedal for Scotland
25 September 2018
The success of Pedal for Scotland depends on a huge range of individuals and organisations.
With their support, we can run an event which encourages more people to cycle more often, and provides a platform for people to fund raise. This year almost 7,000 people of all ages and from many locations across Scotland took part in Pedal for Scotland.
Above all, we are extremely grateful to our key funder and sponsors: Transport Scotland, Sustrans, Capital Radio, Cycle Republic and our official Charity Partner, STV Children’s Appeal. The event wouldn’t have happened without your support.
We would also like to say a massive thanks to:
- The volunteers who gave their time from RAF Cadets- 470 (Falkirk) Squadron, Police Cadets, Police Scotland Youth Volunteers- Edinburgh and West Lothian Groups, Fire & Rescue Service from Bo’ness and New Monkland & Greengairs Parish Churches – with a special thanks to volunteers from Avonbridge Parish Church who once again baked some fantastic cakes.
- Lidl and Tunnocks who kindly provided snacks and water bananas, water and Caramel Wafers
- Endura, The Village Hotels and The Gym who provided prizes for social media competitions
- The Tally Ho Hotel in Winchburgh who supported the event (and we’re delighted Winchburgh Gala Day funds will benefit as a result)
- Mannerston’s, Fenwicks of Linlithgow and Tartan Rocket who provided food for the event
- Sambalistic Community Samba Band, Commotion (Edinburgh Women’s Samba Band) and folk singer George Brown who provided brilliant entertainment along the route and we would also like to thank the many groups and organisations who expressed interest in playing
- Bethany Christian Trust who were able to receive a donation of food and water which otherwise would have gone to waste.
Finally, we’d like to acknowledge the work of many people in Glasgow, North Lanarkshire, Falkirk, West Lothian and Edinburgh Councils, Police Scotland and Scottish Ambulance Services, St Andrew’s First Aid, Edinburgh Trams, Slamannan Primary School, Young Scot and Historic Environment Scotland.
Thank you all for making this year another huge success.
Any organisation or individual interested in supporting Pedal for Scotland next year can contact us at email@example.com.