Go Mountain Bike
Go Mountain Bike (GoMTB) is for anyone who wants to develop their skills and experience in off-road riding, from those learning basic bike handling skills to riding long technical routes with advanced features.
Who is GoMTB for?
GoMTB is a fantastic skills development scheme for younger riders, and it can also benefit mature riders or anyone who wants to develop their off-road riding skills; from those learning basic bike handling skills to those riding longer technical routes with advanced features.
How does it work?
There are four themes to the award and 5 levels within each theme for all levels of experience, from novice to expert. You can tailor the course to focus on skills that you're most interested in.
The themes are:
- riding skills
- sharing the outdoors
- first aid
- being independent and self-supporting
Which will teach you to:
- develop an awareness of safety
- develop basic mountain bike skills
- develop specific mountain bike skills
- ride safely with concern for other users and the environment
- be suitably clothed and equipped for the situation
- become independent and continue to mountain bike as a sustainable and healthy activity.
GoMTB taster sessions
Taster sessions provide the rider with a flavour of the full Go Mountain Bike award; with the aim to provide a sound beginning in terms of bike skills. All participants receive a certificate of attendance and information on accessing further training can be provided.
Contact your local centre regarding GoMTB training